walk with me strong

Monday, November 12, 2007

engagement story...

I have never been more surprised in my life than on October 23. Tuesday evening, I walked in the door and Ed had a present for me. He is always doing something sweet, and he likes to surprise me with presents, so I didn't suspect anything out of the ordinary.

I opened the gift - it was a round trinket box with a pair of earrings inside. I take the earrings out of the box, and underneath them is something that looks like a ring. A ring?? What's going on, I wonder? He grabs the ring, gets on his knee, and with tears in each eye, he asks me to marry him. My Eddie, with his hands shaking, holding a ring, and all I say is, "Are you serious?!?!" It doesn't seem real, my heart is pounding and I'm in shock. Then I say, "of course I'll marry you!" and we hug. Oh yeah, there's a ring on my finger, I'd better look at it. Wow, it's sparkly. I like it. Then I ask him how he pulled this whole thing off without me having any idea...

His parents gave him a diamond that his great uncle Al had left to their family when he passed away. What a special gift for which I am so very thankful. Ed took the diamond to a jeweler and told him exactly what he wanted, and the jeweler drew it, carved it from wax, made the mold, and created this perfect ring. Ed had been working on this since June, so when the ring was finally ready, he couldn't wait to give it to me and he proposed that very day. I love this man more than I can describe here in words. He exceeds my every dream. He is my perfect partner, and now he has asked me to be his wife!

Our plans are coming together nicely, and although our lives have instantly become twice as busy, we are enjoying the planning process. Our wedding day will be May 3, 2008, and we can't wait for the day to arrive!

9 Comments:

  • At 5:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Congratulations! What a special story! We look forward to checking out the beautiful ring!

    Michele and David

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger P. Howell said…

    I am so excited for you!!! Congrats!! That story almost made me tear up! I can't wait to see this special ring!

     
  • At 10:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    We're pleased Ed is now going to be an official member of the family - you two fulfill each other in the best possible way.

    I hope I can perform my long-distance mother of the bride duties without driving you crazy!

    Love ya, Mom

     
  • At 10:58 AM, Blogger Leela said…

    What a terrific story to match such a terrific couple of people! I am so happy for you. I was hoping for maybe a picture of the ring, but I guess I can wait until Christmas time and see it in person :). If you need anything from this end let me know. I am glad you are enjoying the planning process, remember not to stress over the details! I love you and congrats!

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger Eduardo said…

    O boy was I nervous that day! But everything went according to my last second plans. I had a lot of crazy scenarios in how I was going to pop the question, but in the end I kept it simple and hoped that it would be a complete surprise. I got very lucky that Sarah never found anything out. There were a few times when I thought that she was wise to my slyness.

    Now that we are in wedding planning mode, Sarah has been doing awesome; she is very non-zilla. In fact, I often tell her that she should sell her planning services on the weekends.

    I am such a lucky man, so many things had to happen for us to meet and fall in love.

    I love you Sarah! You are such a great fiancée and are going to make such a great wife!

    Dang that ring looks great on your finger!!!

     
  • At 8:49 PM, Blogger paula said…

    you guys are so precious:)

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger paula said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1:33 AM, Blogger beanyneko said…

    I totally just googled my name.. and i found your blog!! =O Hi Sarah Ruprecht! I'm Sarah Ruprecht too! I live up in Boston, MA!

    Congrats on your engagment!!

     
  • At 11:39 AM, Blogger P. Howell said…

    I saw the ring, and Ed, you did very well!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home