walk with me strong

Saturday, July 14, 2007

I have returned to BlogLand

I've been busy, that's my excuse for neglecting the blog for the past month or so... It's been a great month, that's for sure! Here's what I did:

June 14-21: Boston! I spent 8 awesome days on a mission trip with our church high school youth. We started with a few days in Maine, where we worked and played at a youth camp. We cleaned up the grounds to prepare the camp for the summer. It was hard landscaping work, and we had a great time. Then, we packed up and headed to Boston for five days with Youthworks, where we participated in different urban ministry programs in the town of Lynn. My work group spent a couple days in a soup kitchen followed by a couple days at a day center for Alzheimers' patients. It was fun to experience new things and to watch the high schoolers' eyes opened to new people and ideas. We worked, played, prayed, sang, laughed, and learned. Days were long and exhausting, sleeping quarters cramped, but nonetheless a valuable experience for all of us.

June 29-July 1: Pennsylvania! For his cousin's wedding, I traveled with Ed and his parents to the mountains of PA, where we stayed in his family's cabin. I met his wonderfully sweet Grandmother and loved her instantly. Ed and I were brave and we camped outside in our super awesome tent, temperatures low in the 40's at night. He wore shorts and a t-shirt, while I wore long underwear, sweatpants, sweatshirt, and two pairs of socks. If I buried my head into my sleeping bag, I wasn't too cold! The wedding was fun too, where we got to show off our moves on the dance floor!



July 6-10: Beach! My family spent their summer vacation at North Myrtle Beach, so Ed and I joined them for a few days... My parents and Adam came down, along with my aunts and uncles and cousins, making it quite the family reunion! Ed's parents also came down for a couple of days, so everyone got to spend time together. It was great! We spent time in the water, playing in the waves, where my boogie-boarding champion boyfriend displayed his talents for us all. Morning runs on the sand, balcony with a view of the ocean, time with Mom and Dad - so good! I love vacation...

July 11: Ed finally had his ACL repaired, after injuring his knee months ago. He is the best patient ever! After a long two-hour surgery, he has been doing all the rehab exercises and hasn't whined once. In my experience, men in pain are some of the worst patients, but not Ed! He is tough, disciplined, determined, and of course handsome. I'm so proud of you, EJ!

I'm so thankful for this past month - a lot of time spent with family, friends, and seeing new places. I am so blessed.

11 Comments:

  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Glad to see you've finally got a new posting! And I'm REALLY glad we got to spend a few days with you, Eddy Joe and his parents in NMB. Too bad we're not obscenely rich so we could do that a LOT more often!! Love ya, Mom

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    And how could you forget to mention how much fun we had playing Phase 10??? Ed WAS the champion of that as well, after all! Love ya, Mom

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger Toddzilla said…

    Ed this...Ed that...Well, lah-tee-dah!

    Actually Ed's making me feel inadequate and lowly. Thanks Ed! At least I didn't sell my soul and pull for the Colts in the playoffs! I may not be able to play Phase 10, or bodyboard, and I may even whine when I'm sick, but I still have my dignity!

    Seriously...it's good to have you back in the blogdome.

     
  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Well, Ed is my perfect man, so I think he's superior in all arenas. And for the record, Phase 10 is the most frustrating card game ever invented, and I really dislike losing. And Mom - we're not obscenely rich?? But I'm a nurse - people tell me that I "make the big bucks!" Good to be back in the blogdome. Todd, I miss you and Cheryl!

     
  • At 1:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sarah! I miss you! You have been gone for too long. EJ, I am proud of you too. I know it was a painful surgery. I can't wait to see you soon.

     
  • At 11:17 AM, Blogger Toddzilla said…

    It's official, I now have a mancrush on Ed...

    We miss you guys too. Come back home...come back to us!

     
  • At 10:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Nice pictures! Dad looks pretty good, considering he's the "old guy" of the boogie board duo!! And it goes without saying that Ed looks good, as always! I'm especially grateful that you didn't put a picture of ME in my bathing suit on your blog - thank you, thank you, thank you!! Love ya, Mom

     
  • At 8:51 AM, Blogger Shannon Blosser said…

    You know, I'm still wondering if I should take one point off of Ed for being from Pennsylvania. (Joking ... or am I?) I kid. I kid.

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger Leela said…

    glad to see you had such a great month! I do think I may be one of the only people you know not to meet this remarkable Ed!

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Sarah!! I'm glad that you had a good time in MB, I wish I could have come down but I'll be down for sure next year! Take care Sarah, remember I Love Ya!! Matt

     

Post a Comment

<< Home