walk with me strong

Friday, June 16, 2006

Heading to the Mountains...

Lizzy and I are traveling next week to rural Tennessee with our church youth group, where we will serve as leaders of the middle schoolers. Now, I remember what it's like to be a middle school student, where life is all about clothes, boys, and being "cool". (Actually, some things never change!) Not too long ago it seems, I was one of the youth on church trips just like this, and I really looked up to my female leaders. So I have to admit that I'm weary of stepping into this chaperone role, for a couple of reasons. Am I able to set a strong Christian example for these kids? Will I be a positive influence on them and will they trust me as their leader? And of course, I really hope they think I'm fun! I'm thankful that Lizzy and I are doing this together, so that we can support and encourage each other as we embark on yet another new adventure together. Rural Tennessee, here we come!!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:10 PM, Blogger Leela said…

    Hope you have fun in the Mountains! I think any young impressionable female would be lucky to have you as a mentor/chaperone! Love you miss you

     

Post a Comment

<< Home