walk with me strong

Monday, June 12, 2006

So I have a plan

I am 25 years old and I can't seem to figure out what my "plan" is. I often hear the question, "So what next, Sarah, have you decided what you're gonna do?" For me, that's a tough one to answer, because the thought of permanence is still quite intimidating. So rather than making a plan, I choose to trust that God already has one for me. And right now, His plan happens to involve a three-month trip to Ghana, Africa, where I will offer myself to serve those in need of love, care, and compassion. As God's people, we are called to walk the way that Jesus walked, to love those less fortunate than we are, those who perhaps have been forgotten along the way. I can only hope that I have enough to give to the people of Ghana, that I can make a difference in the lives of those who may feel that they have been overlooked by the rest of the world. I have been blessed with the education and skill necessary to help the sick, and I am thankful for this opportunity to take time away from comfortable life to travel to Ghana, to serve the people, to experience their suffering, and to strengthen my faith. So here's the plan - through my blog, I want to share my experiences with you, to stay connected to home. I want to tell a story, to paint a picture of what is really happening in our world, to our children, to God's people. So I ask you, please come with me on my new journey; experience with me the challenges, the adventures, the tears, and the joy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home